Do you want to increase the number of organic search visitors to your website? Are you curious about the search engine optimization (SEO) landscape in 2022?
As the top-rated SEO agency in Michigan City, Indiana, we have put together the following list of some recent SEO statistics that will provide you with data-backed insights to help you improve your SEO strategy in 2022.
General SEO Statistics
- Google uses content and links as two of the three most important ranking signals.
- Google is the most popular web traffic referrer, accounting for 66% of all web traffic.
- A search engine is the launching point for 68% of online experiences.
According to a Backlinko study of 11.8 million Google search results:
- There are no backlinks on 95% of all web pages. However, the top results have 3.8X more backlinks than those ranked 2 to 10.
- The average word count for pages on the first page of Google results was 1,447 words last year. Long-form content is also more likely to earn backlinks than shorter blog entries provided by a reputable SEO agency in Michigan City, Indiana.
- The URLs on the first page of Google results contain about 66 characters. However, shorter URLs outperform longer ones — for example, URLs that rank first are 9.2 characters shorter than URLs that rank tenth.
According to another Backlinko study of 5 million Google search results:
- The top organic search result on Google has a click-through rate (CTR) of 31.7%
- Moving up in the search results can boost your CTR by as much as 30.8%.
- Merely 0.78% of users clicked on something on the second page of Google results.
- Pages with keyword-rich URLs enjoy a 45% higher CTR.
- Title tags with 15-40 characters had an 8.6% greater CTR than those with more characters.
- Tags with questions had a 14.1% greater CTR than those without, whereas tags with “power words” had a 13.9% lower CTR.
- According to a 2020 Ahrefs data study, only 74.98% of #1 pages contain a meta description.
- Another Ahrefs data study from 2017 found out that the average age of a top-ranking page is over two years. Pages ranked first are almost three years old on average.
SEO industry statistics
- Google has a search engine market share of 87.56% in the U.S. as of October 2021. Bing comes in second with a 6.34% market share.
- In 2019, B2B and tech companies derived 7% and 58.8% of their revenue from SEO.
- At a compound annual growth rate of 20%, the global SEO services industry is predicted to reach $103.24 billion in 2025.
Local SEO statistics
According to the BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey 2020:
- 93% of online users searched for a local business online.
- 87% of consumers read online reviews for companies in the area — up from 81% in 2019.
- The percentage of U.S. consumers who have left a review for a local business has increased from 66% in 2019 to 72% in 2020.
- According to a Think With Google 2016 study, 28% of searches for anything nearby result in a purchase.
Mobile SEO statistics
- As of December 2021, smartphones and tablets accounted for 31% of the market share, while desktop accounts for 44.65%.
- Mobile users accounted for 61% of organic search engine visits in Q2 2021, up from 57% in Q1.
- 75% of smartphone users expect immediate access to information.
- From April 2016–March 2017 to April 2018–March 2019, mobile queries for “where to buy” and “near me” increased by 200%. This is a growing trend that any experienced SEO agency in Michigan City, Indiana needs to be aware of.
- Mobile search results are seen by 8% more people than desktop search results.
- If your website load time climbs from 1 second to 3 seconds, the likelihood of a user leaving increases by 32%.
Looking for a Professional SEO Agency in Michigan City, Indiana?
SEO is a critical component of Internet marketing. As a business owner in Michigan City, nothing beats having your website appear for a relevant search and generating leads. Hopefully, the SEO statistics in this blog will help you determine the course of your SEO efforts in 2022.
If you want to capitalize on the value of these metrics but don’t know where to start, a reputable SEO agency in Michigan City, Indiana can help. At Digital Destination, we can help you gain access to a continuous trickle of customers, lowering your online marketing costs and driving growth for your Michigan City business. Contact us today at (312) 933-6806 to get started.