Local SEO is a common online marketing practice that involves strategies to improve your Schaumburg business’s local presence. However, did you know that many businesses fail when it comes to local SEO? This is not due to a lack of resources, but rather, to a flawed strategy. Even if you partner with a top-rated SEO agency in Schaumburg, Illinois, your local SEO efforts will fail if you do not have a targeted approach.
In this blog, we’re going to discuss some of the key local SEO statistics that will help you build your business’s SEO strategy.
Local SEO Stats
- According to the Brightlocal Local Consumer Review Survey 2020, 90% of consumers have gone online to find a local business. Consumers in the digital age leverage the power of search engines like Google to learn more about businesses near them.
- The same BrightLocal survey also shows that 82% of consumers check online reviews before making a decision. Furthermore, the average consumer spends almost 15 minutes reading online reviews!
Local SEO Stats for Smartphone Users
The number of smartphone users is steadily increasing worldwide. This means that an increasing number of customers will use their smartphones to find you. Consider the following statistics to reinforce your local SEO strategy:
- Consumers are increasingly relying on their smartphones to research local businesses. According to Google, location-based searches account for 30% of all smartphone searches.
- According to Google, smartphones account for nearly 84% of all “near me” queries. With 378 billion smartphone users worldwide, it is no wonder that smartphones account for the vast majority of all searches with local intent.
- Google also says that nearly 67% of smartphone users are more likely to buy from businesses with websites that have been locally optimized for mobile users. Over 97 billion local searches are conducted on mobile every month — capturing even a tiny slice of those searches can do wonders for your Schaumburg business.
- A whopping 76% of users who perform local searches on their smartphone visit the business within a day and 28% of those end up buying!
Local SEO Trends
Recognize local SEO trends as they emerge if you want to stay ahead of the curve and future-proof your Schaumburg business. Knowing what you need to plan for pretty much guarantees that you can build an effective local SEO strategy that will help your business in the long term. To that end, here are three local SEO trends that will have a significant impact on your business:
- Zero-click searches are becoming increasingly more popular. Zero-click searches occur when online users get the answer to their search queries without having to visit a third-party web page. Today, zero-click searches account for more than half of all searches.
- The future of local SEO is voice search. According to a 2018 BrightLocal Voice Search for Local Business survey, three out of every four smart speaker users use voice search to find local businesses at least once a week.
- There is a greater emphasis on intent. Google has been rolling out algorithm updates over the years that focus more on search intent rather than the actual search phrases used.
Looking for a Professional SEO Agency in Schaumburg, Illinois?
Using this blog as a guide, you can strengthen your local SEO strategy and improve your online visibility in your local area. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. If you want to harness the power of these statistics, but you’re not sure how to get started, Digital Destination can help. As the premier SEO agency in Schaumburg, Illinois, we can help you gain access to a consistent stream of consumers, lower your online marketing costs, and drive growth for your Schaumburg business. Contact us today by filling out this form or, or call us at (312) 933-6806.